Thursday, November 6, 2014

C4T Summary #3

See Mary Teach logo

Mary Worrell is an American Secondary English and Literature teacher that is living abroad. Her blog post "Hints of Budding Multigenre Success" focuses on how she has attempted to do multigenre projects in her 9th and 10th grade classrooms. She doesn't try to sugarcoat it, and it really good about pointing out her own mistakes and challenges. She also lists her requirements for projects and provides us with links to other websites about multigenre projects. I told Mary that I had never been involved in, or even heard of, a multigenre project. After reading her post, however, I do think it's something I would like to look into!

Unfortunately, Mary Worrell is no longer very active on her blog - I'd imagine she stays very busy! So for this week's assignment, I read through some older posts and chose to comment on Embracing the Grey Area. She talks about dealing with not having a set curriculum at her school in the Netherlands and how she created her own lessons to follow. She struggled with the idea of ordering textbooks, but decided to go through with it. Worrell seems to be glad with her decision because she was enjoying reading through the book and thinking of new things to teach the students. My comment said: "I totally agree with you on ordering the textbooks. They’re just good to have and add a little more to the lesson. Having a new book to look through is just a lot of fun. You’re also still using your own sources and ideas which I think is great and something to keep in mind when I’m a teacher too."

No comments:

Post a Comment